Regal Security Inc. is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and is committed to maintaining a safe working environment for all our employees. Please be advised, Canada still remains low risk. Most of the cases are still as a result of travellers returning from areas that have been impacted by the infection of COVID-19, or they are family members of people that recently travelled to these locations and have become ill themselves.
To ensure we are following health guidelines, we are asking our staff to:
- Maintain a clean workspace.
- Exercise vigorous and more frequent hand washing with hot and soapy water for 20 seconds and also avoid touching your face with your hands as much as possible.
- Social Distancing – avoid close contact with anyone especially if in groups of people.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Be mindful of physical contact with persons (avoid all handshakes, hugs etc) and exercise more caution when touching commonly touched places, such as door handles.
Please contact your Regal Client Relations Manager (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately if you encounter any of the following:
- If you know or suspect that you may have come in contact with the virus and potentially may be infected.
- Known person(s) at your job site to have or likely to have the COVID-19.
- Your site’s management team posts or informs you of any COVID-19 prevention action plans they have planned or put into place.
- Anyone reporting symptoms of COVID-19; which include, persistent cough, fever, sore throat, muscle pain, fatigue.
- Anyone that has someone within their household who has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19.
- Anyone who has recently travelled abroad.
- Anyone who has someone within their household who has recently travelled abroad.
Regal Employees displaying symptoms
If you are displaying any of the commonly known systems of COVID-19, which again are: persistent cough, fever, sore throat, muscle pain, fatigue. You are to notify your supervisor or scheduler immediately. We have been entrusted to provide to our clients the best level of care and customer service in the industry, one of the ways that we do this is to be honest with ourselves and our employer about our health.
The Ontario Government has provided a self-assessment to individuals who may think they have COVID-19. This does not provide medical advice but helps to determine if you need to seek medical attention. Please click the link below for Ontario’s self-assessment.
Site Instructions, Revised Duties, Or Additional Duties
As with any site, instructions delivered by the Property Manager much of the time needs to be adhered to, however, during times of emergencies, we may receive instructions by the well intention to do things at the site which must be reviewed by Regal Management. Any new instructions that you may receive need to reviewed by Senior Management of Regal which are listed above before implementation. We will look at the reasonableness of each request when determining whether we will allow them to be actioned or not, with an eye on your health and safety. Please note we are currently reviewing all parcel pick-up protocols and any other requests for security to deliver items or accept delivery of items and will provide further instruction to you shortly.
We have learned through interaction with Toronto Ambulance Service recently, that if an ambulance is called regardless of the situation the Ambulance crew will attend in full protective gear, this obviously presents a concern for the general public and our clients and staff because the perception provided is that every ill person(s) is a potential carrier of the virus and we know based on the information provided above that this is not to be accurate, We understand the front line medical workers need to protect themselves against potential infection and you should be cognizant that in most of the situations when an ambulance is dispatched that they will be coming to your location dressed in this attire.
Please advise Regal Security, if you are travelling or have travelled outside of Canada (including USA). Once you have arrived in Canada, you will be required to self-isolate for 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms. You can only return to work once we have received a doctor’s note.
If the media approaches any Regal employee due to a confirmed case(s) of COVID-19 or any other incident, you must advise the media that you cannot comment on any matter and advise the Property Manager and Regal Management as soon as practical. If there is a confirmed case(s) of COVID-19 at your worksite, please keep this information confidential and report it to your supervisor.
For your recollection, here is the standard information Regal provided on how a coronavirus works.
What is a coronavirus?
A coronavirus is a kind of common virus that causes an infection in your nose, sinuses, or upper throat. Most coronaviruses are not dangerous.
How does coronavirus spread?
Most coronaviruses spread the same way other cold-causing viruses do: through infected people coughing and sneezing, by touching an infected person’s hands or face, or by touching things such as door knobs that infected people have touched.
What are the symptoms of a coronavirus?
The symptoms of most coronaviruses are similar to any other upper respiratory infection, runny nose, coughing, sore throat, sometimes a fever. In most cases, you won’t know whether you have a coronavirus or a different cold-causing virus/infection.
How do you get tested for coronavirus?
In order to properly diagnose the coronavirus, you need to provide samples for lab testing.
How does coronavirus become so serious and deadly?
If a coronavirus infection spreads to the lower respiratory tract (your windpipe and your lungs), it can cause pneumonia, which can increase the possibility of respiratory failure. These effects can be seen more in older people, people with heart disease, or people with weakened immune systems.
What is the treatment for a coronavirus?
In most cases a coronavirus infection is treated the same way you treat a head cold:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink fluids.
- Take over-the-counter medicine for a sore throat and fever. It is recommended to not give aspirin to children or teens younger than 19 and use ibuprofen or acetaminophen based medicine instead
If your symptoms increase in severity please seek medical attention.
How can I prevent myself from being infected by a coronavirus?
- Like any other virus (influenza, colds) following a healthy hygiene routine help prevent the spread and limits your exposure.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer on a regular basis.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve or towel.
- Avoid physical contact with people who appear infected (handshakes, etc).
- Avoid travel to areas that are known to have many cases of a viral outbreak.
If you feel ill and require medical advice, contact Telehealth Ontario 1.866.797.0000; If you require immediate medical care call 911 and request an ambulance.
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has currently assessed the public health risk associated
with COVID-19 as low for Canada.
Public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available. Please see link below:
Regal will continue to monitor and provide any updates for the situation. If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com