A number of regions across Ontario, including Toronto, have just advanced to Stage 3 as part of the province’s Reopening Plan, and an increasing number of businesses are depending on security guard firms to help them during these challenging times.
Each reopening phase has been met with both excitement and extreme caution among business owners and the general public alike. The province is making steady progress in curbing the COVID-19 numbers, but every step is being taken on the health and safety fronts to combat the pandemic – the worst the world has experienced in over 100 years.
The province and all municipalities are reminding everyone on how they can stay safe:
• Maintaining physical distancing of at least two metres from people outside of your household or social circle.
• Wearing a face covering in indoor and outdoor public spaces where physical distancing is a challenge.
• Washing your hands frequently with soap and water.
• Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Practising good hygiene (covering a cough and sneeze and avoiding touching your face).
• Cleaning frequently touched surfaces more often.
• Limiting indoor gatherings to a maximum of 50 people, or less, to maintain physical distancing.
• Limiting outdoor gatherings to a maximum of 100 people, or less to maintain physical distancing.
• Staying at home and away from others if you are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19.
• Working from home or remotely as much as possible.
• Minimizing travel and self-isolating for 14 days after all international travel.
• Protecting the most vulnerable by following public health advice.
• Getting tested if you are worried you have or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
For more information on Stage 3 and what you need to know, please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/framework-reopening-our-province-stage-3
COVID-19: Security guards are in high demand
The pandemic has brought a wave of change for everyone. From lockdown to reopening, businesses in an array of sectors – retail, residential, commercial, industrial, and construction, to name a few – are utilizing guarding services to better protect their people, property, and assets.
Each reopening phase has been tricky, but guards have been helping businesses on the following fronts:
• Ensuring business continuity with the flow of goods and services.
• Managing access control and social distancing.
• Serving as health screeners at main entrances.
• Providing foot patrols and mobile patrols 24/7.
• Reminding the public that masks and face coverings are required at certain indoor venues.
The presence of security guards at your establishment will give you that true peace of mind while running your business during a pandemic, and it will help ensure that everyone follows the rules to help thwart the spread of COVID-19. More importantly, businesses like the fact that having guards on location helps deter crime and incidents of sorts.
Contact us today if your business needs guarding services – we are here to help: 1-888-633-8550, or email us at email@example.com