Regal Security Inc. is pleased to provide a regular online newsletter for our Everyday Superheroes.™ Review it carefully and make sure you share the link with members of the team!
2021 is now in full swing and we can all agree that 2020 will be a year to remember. Regal Security Inc. salutes all of our Everyday Superheroes™ for their tireless efforts as we continue to combat COVID-19. Your dedication, leadership, and teamwork does not go unnoticed, and we applaud everyone for helping our clients during these unprecedented times.
2021 will also be an interesting year. Presently, restrictions are in place to flatten the curve in COVID-19 cases, and vaccines are already being rolled out. We know life will soon get back to a “new normal” and we thank you for pivoting your roles while working the frontlines.
The pandemic has not been easy for anyone, and your hard work has made a positive difference in the lives of others.
To all our guards working the frontlines – job well done!
COVID-19 IMPORTANT UPDATE: PROVINCE ANNOUNCES NEW RESTRICTIONS
The provincial government just announced the following new measures to combat COVID-19, which come into effect by this Thursday (January 14, 2021):
- Outdoor organized public gatherings and social gatherings are further restricted to a limit of five people with limited exceptions.
- People are required to wear a mask or face covering in the indoor areas of businesses or organizations that are open. Wearing a mask or face covering is now recommended outdoors when you can’t physically distance more than two metres.
- All non-essential retail stores, including hardware stores, alcohol retailers, and those offering curbside pickup or delivery, must open no earlier than 7 a.m. and close no later than 8 p.m.
- The restricted hours of operation do not apply to stores that primarily sell food, pharmacies, gas stations, convenience stores, and restaurants for takeout or delivery.
- Non-essential construction is further restricted, including below-grade construction, exempting survey.
IMPORTANT: HAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION OF ESSENTIAL BUSINESS EMPLOYMENT LETTER ON YOU AT ALL TIMES (JANUARY 14, 2021 at 00:01)
As per the Order of Emergency Measures Act of Ontario, Security Guards, Private Investigators, or business agents of a licensed private security business are deemed an essential service under the Emergency Act of Ontario. Please have your Confirmation of Essential Business Employment Letter on you at all times. If you need to download it, click here: Confirmation of Essential Business Employment Letter.
WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY TIPS DURING COVID-19
As security guards, we are essential to the health and safety of our clients and this means we all need to set examples to show that we are following the rules and restrictions being mandated by the provincial government.
- Facemasks must be worn at ALL times during your shift. Even when signing in and out of your shift, ensure that you are wearing a facemask.
- Handwashing regularly is also a must; it is recommended to wash your hands every 30 minutes for no less than 40 seconds for proper hygiene.
- All employees must practice social distancing (2 metres apart – 6 feet)
- Do not touch your facemask or face as this will increase your chances of getting the virus.
- Ensure your team members and clients are following all the rules and guidelines.
If you see any of your colleagues not following the rules and guidelines, contact your supervisor immediately. We are asking everyone to be responsible during these challenging times.
REGAL ON THE MOVE!
2021 scripts a new chapter in the growth of Regal Security Inc. Our client list – retail, residential, insurance, construction, industrial, commercial, and healthcare – is growing in a big way. Growth means more exciting opportunities for our company and for our guards who are seeking advancement.
Regal Enters the Healthcare Space
Regal has just been awarded a big screening contract with a major hospital in Toronto, a move that demonstrates our innovative services and how we are committed to providing that true Peace of Mind™ for our clients. Additionally, the new contract shows the need for guarding at healthcare facilities as the world continues to combat COVID-19.
ATTENTION TO ALL GUARDS WHO WANT ADVANCEMENT
Are you looking to advance your career with Regal Security Inc.? We have growth opportunities, allowing you to fill new positions or move to other sites. Our online Training Portal is coming soon, which will help you grow within our dynamic security guard firm.
BE ON TIME!
As a reminder, being on time for your shift is imperative, and if you are sick, please ensure you call-in to let your supervisor know as this is important for scheduling. If you are sick, call in early so we can schedule a guard in your place to meet the demands of our growing clientele.
Visit www.regalsecurity.ca for updates and news and information.
We applaud all our Everyday Superheroes™ who go above and beyond the call of duty!