Regal Security Inc. is pleased to provide a regular online newsletter for our Everyday Superheroes.™ Review it carefully and make sure you share the link with members of the team!
It’s been a busy March for everyone, and our company has lots of news on the growth front.
With many regions starting to slowly open-up and with vaccination roll-out happening, we are reminding everyone to remain vigilant on the health and safety front. COVID-19 is a very serious pandemic which is why we all need to follow and help enforce the rules and guidelines – it is for your safety and everyone’s safety.
We applaud everyone’s efforts! Your hard work and dedication are the key reason why we are growing. Your tireless efforts as the “first, first responders” does not go unnoticed and is testament of us being a leading security company, locally and beyond.
Stay safe and keep working hard. We salute all of our Everyday Superheroes.™
REGAL ON THE MOVE: COMPANY NEWS
REGOTEC Systems Inc. is expanding
Did you know that Regal Security has an affiliate company that offers security technology solutions such as CCTV cameras, NVR/DVR systems, access control, cards, fobs, intercoms, and intrusion alarm systems? That’s right, Regotec Systems offers all of these electronic solutions and much more! If the building you’re working in is in need of better cameras or any replacement equipment, please let them know we can help. This will assist in providing a more complete overall security program. They can reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 723 8276.
Regal Security Inc. continues to grow, and we are hiring!
We are growing our team at Regotec and are also currently looking for a full-time, experienced Sales and Estimating Manager. The posting is on the Regal website: https://www.regalsecurity.ca/careers-2/. If you refer someone who is hired, you might be eligible for the $200 referral bonus, extended beyond the Refer-A-Guard program to include this position.
Here is how our Refer A Guard, Earn Money campaign works:
If a guard refers another guard to us, then we employed that referral, and that referral stayed on with us for 6 months, Regal will pay the referring guard $100. If the newly employed guard is still with us after 12 months, then the referring guard will receive another $100 (Note: The referring guard must be actively employed by Regal at the time of the 6-and-12-month periods in order to be eligible).
EMPLOYEE SUCCESS SPOTLIGHT
As a result of his training and hard work, Siddharth P. Sharma, was employed as a Regal Security Site Supervisor at a residential condominium north of Toronto and has been doing an excellent job for over one year now.
This position has enabled Siddharth to be eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
Regal would like to extend our appreciation to Siddharth for all of his efforts and dedication. Congratulations on these major accomplishments!
Regal is pleased to announce that Indira Sookhoo-McIntyre has joined Regal Security Inc. as our new Human Resource Manager
Indira has over 15 years of experience in Human Resources and will be responsible for all aspects of HR at Regal going forward. She joins us from a similar industry where she was Human Resource Manager for Head Office and unionized field employees, for the past seven years.
Indira is a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP), Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) and has a Human Resources Management Certificate (CHRM) from Ryerson University.
We look forward to Indira bringing her experience and knowledge.
New LMS Training Modules Soon Available
As you know, Regal Security Inc. is home to its very own Training Academy, and we are now in the process of offering even more informative training modules for our guards. Training is a big part of Regal’s mission: our guards are professionally trained and are able to meet the changing needs of our clients. Our new online LMS training program is coming soon!
Watch for our upcoming announcements on the launch of our new cybersecurity company, Regal CyberSecure Inc., offering to help further secure businesses:
- Ransomware prevention – generates of $2 trillion in crime revenues globally.
- Replacing the need to have an expensive, full-time Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) on staff.
- Threat risk assessments, vulnerability testing, policy and program development, addressing supply chain risks and requirements, and meeting regulatory compliance.
- Cybersecurity and network architecture and consulting services, including connectivity, firewalls, VPN’s etc.
- 24 x 365 Cybersecurity, network and systems monitoring and incident response.
And much more!
COVID-19 SAFETY TIPS
How to stay safe during a major pandemic
We all know how easily COVID-19 can spread, so here are some tips that you need to follow to help keep you safe and to help flatten the curve.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Ensure you social distance with fellow employees (2 meters apart – 6 feet).
- Wash your hands regularly (every 30 minutes for no less than 40 seconds to ensure proper hygiene).
- Don’t touch your face or facemask as this promotes the spread of the virus.
- Ensure your work-station – desk, chair, computer mouse and keyboard – is sanitized regularly throughout your shift.
- Always make sure that members of your team are following the rules and guidelines at all times.
- Make sure that clients and the public at job sites are also following the rules – it is our duty to help maintain a safe environment for everyone.
Dealing with Mental Health: Regal Security Inc. is here for you!
As we all know, the pandemic has had a major effect on our lives, and many of us are facing challenges that can be stressful, overwhelming, and cause strong emotions.
Stress can cause the following:
- Changes in appetite, energy, desires, and interests.
- Feelings of fear, anger, sadness, worry, numbness, or frustration.
- Difficulty making decisions or concentrating.
- Difficulty sleeping or nightmares.
- Physical reactions, like headaches, body pains, stomach problems and skin rashes.
- Worsening of chronic health problems.
- Worsening of mental health conditions.
- Increased use of alcohol or other substances.
If you need help with your mental health, Regal Security Inc. is here to listen. Speak with your supervisor or our Human Resources team if you are experiencing stress, anxiety, or depression. You are not alone – these are stressful times, and our executive team wants everyone to know that help is available.
Vaccination news for Regal’s guards
Our entire industry is monitoring the rollout of the vaccine and we will keep everyone informed on the progress. Regal has lobbied the Ontario government to try and encourage them to consider allowing security guards to get vaccinated sooner than the current scheduling plan. Please monitor our communications and we will alert you to any news on the matter.
Regal Security Inc. is proud of our entire team of guards who are committed to going above and beyond the call of duty for our clients and the general public as the “first, first responders.”
We encourage everyone to visit our Thought Leadership Page so that you can read all our regular updates on how we are growing.