March 24/2020 COVID-19 Update for Regal Employees
The COVID-19 Pandemic continues to be an unprecedented event that is a serious concern for all persons. This is a challenging time for all of us as the world works to overcome this virus. Regal’s head office staff is working diligently to get you all the correct information and tools necessary for all of our security staff to be able to perform their duties as safely and as effectively as possible.
We are pleased to see that several of our client properties have already implemented social distancing for their security desks and have instituted parcel/delivery restrictions. Earlier today Regal has communicated by email to all clients requiring them to implement the social distancing protocols listed below.
Effective immediately, we are working with property management to adopt and enforce these social distancing protocols:
- ALL RESIDENTS, CUSTOMERS, TENANTS, COURIERS, AND VISITORS OF YOUR PROPERTY SHOULD MAINTAIN A PHYSICAL DISTANCE OF LEAST SIX (6) FEET FROM ALL SECURITY DESKS, THE SECURITY GUARDS AND OTHER BUILDING STAFF. REGAL HAS PROVIDED A NOTICE TO OUR CLIENTS TO BE POSTED AT ALL OF OUR SITES AND WE WILL BE WORKING WITH OUR CLIENT PROPERTIES TO ENACT MARKINGS / BARRIERS TO HELP ENFORCE THIS MANDATE.
- UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, RESIDENTS, CUSTOMERS, TENANTS, COURIERS, AND VISITORS SHOULD CONTACT SECURITY BY TELEPHONE IF AVAILABLE AT YOUR SITE.
- SHOULD NOT TOUCH OR PUT ANYTHING ON THE SECURITY DESK COUNTERTOP.
- WE ARE WORKING WITH ALL OUR SITES TO ESTABLISH A SPECIFIC PROTOCOL FOR ALL MAIL/DELIVERY PERSONS AND COURIERS THAT CONSIDERS THE SIX (6) FOOT SOCIAL DISTANCE REQUIREMENT. THIS PROTOCOL WILL VARY FROM SITE TO SITE.
We are doing our best to secure gloves, masks, hand sanitizers and cleaning agents in addition to what your site may be supplying. The supply of these items is very limited and has been directed to healthcare front line staff as a priority. We will update you once we have more information, please speak to your site supervisor about requesting supplies as they become available.
These protocols are an addition to the guidelines and procedures that we sent previously. We are following health guidelines, we are asking our staff to:
Maintain a clean workspace
- Exercise vigorous and more frequent hand washing with hot and soapy water for 20 seconds and also avoid touching your face with your hands as much as possible.
- Social Distancing – avoid close contact with anyone especially if in groups of people.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Be mindful of physical contact with persons (avoid all handshakes, hugs, etc) and exercise more caution when touching commonly touched places such as door handles.
We understand that these protocols can be hard for persons to adapt to and will generate some complaints. However, the goal is to ensure that all persons that live, visit and work at our property are safe and healthy. If there are any concerns, please reach out to myself or your designated Client Relations Manager(s) to discuss further.
Thank you for your understanding.